12 June 2018 – The Hindu by La Excellence
In Chennai, the hearts beat for foreigners
Director General of NOTTO(National organ and Tissue transplant organisation) claims that foreigners are given priority over Indians for. Organ transplants.
The story of two ceasefires
It is important to invest in Negotiations, political concessions and soft power with in Jammu and Kashmir. In the process, following steps are necessary.
- India and Pakistan need to formalise ceasefire agreement of 2003.
- Local tactical factors that trigger ceasefire violations need to be addressed through regular scheduled meetings of Director General Military operations.
- Ceasefire violations are successful in the long run only if they are backed by talks.
- Internally, Kashmir issue shall not be viewed as a political currency by the political parties.
On the other side,
If India looks back at its position – hawkish stand, surgical strikes or disproportionate bombardment did not help it anyway.
India redefines its regional role
- India is building deeper and more constructive links with Eurasia.
- In these times of power shifts India likes to place itself as an independent power and actor across Asia. In line with this, Indian Prime Minister at shangri La dialogue called Russia and China and USA as partners. India also clearly stated that our friendships are not alliances of containment. India like to move forward on its own set principles and maintain its strategic autonomy.
- India no longer envisages its role in Indo pacific as a china centric one. India do not see the Indo pacific region as a strategy or as a club of limited members nor as a grouping that seeks to dominate. India’s engagement with Indo pacific is going to be inclusive.
- India’s approach to the region is not going to be hands off policy or one devoid of norms. It emphasises on a free, open, inclusive and rules based Indo pacific order. Rules need to be based on consent of all not on the power of few.
finally, India would pursue many partnerships in the region and beyond. It would be added to its principles and emphases inclusiveness, diversity and Multilateralism.
Artificial intelligence has definite advantage to economy and governance. It needs human capital reliable data sets to build. India lacks both. In this scenario, NITI aayog announced a discussion paper on kickstarting the AI eco system in the country.
It emphasised on organisational structure with out taking note of finances.
To the brink and back
Summit between Kim Jong un of North Korea and president Trump of USA is going to be held in Singapore.
In this summit, USA trying to press for complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearisation for lifting sanctions. North Korea rejects Libyan model and proposes a phased reduction of sanctions. It aims to have a nuclear deterrence and regime strongly believes that nuclear deterrence alone can keep the regime afloat.
Prolonged sanctions had a serious impact on North Korean economy. But it is no way close to strangulate it. At the same time, its nuclear arsenal are improvised to reach west coast of USA.
Added to these, statesmanship of South Korean leader Moon Jae in paved way for talks.
Economy riding on just one tyre: Chidambaram
Former finance minister Chidambaram criticised the Government for its performance on economic front. According to him, three tyres of economy – exports, Private investment, Private consumption are limping. Government expenditure alone is moving the economy forward. But, pressure on this is increasing from fiscal and current account deficit constraints.
Remove coopers by June end – Maldives
Maldives is playing role of an adversary to India. It has recently ordered for the removal of Dhruv helicopters gifted by India.
India to host first BIMSTEC war games.
India is expected to host the first military exercise of BIMSTEC group focusing on counter terrorism.
PM’s Maternity scheme benefits 23.6 lakh
Pradhan mantri matru vandana Yojana – Under this, 6000rs are offered as a cash incentive on the birth of first child. It is to compensate wage loss, to reduce maternal mortality and malnutrition levels among children.
Centre and states have to share expenditure in 60:40 ratio.
Asking collegium to review decision is not a sin
Law minister Ravi Shankar Prasad suggested that a robust pan india entrance test to allow talent infusion in to the subordinate Judiciary.