18 June 2018
Ceasefire ends, ops against J&K militants to resume
Centre did not extend the suspension of operations in Jammu and Kashmir. Officials blamed Hurriyat conference for their failure to seize opportunity.
Prime Minister renews call for debate on simultaneous polls
Prime Minister Modi reiterated his calls for simultaneous elections at the fourth governing council meeting of NITI Aayog. He also favoured to have a uniform voters list for the entire nation.
There are no detours in History
Indian history need to be seen as a period continuum. Any detour will disturb the facts and makes it a story devoid of quality narration. It has become natural to glorify ancient past and forget medieval India.These detours need to be avoided to understand the values plurality, diversity etc.
Shujaat Bukhari, a warrior of peace
Kashmir needs people who can become part of peace process that involves political dialogue. Shujaat Bukhari, as a Journalist always worked for a results oriented political dialogue.
Parched or polluted
Urgent reforms are needed to deal with acute water stress in most of India. Composite water management index of NITI aayog identified 70% of water resources in India are polluted. Steps that are necessary are
- Augmentation of watersheds
- Strict pollution control enforcement.
In this context, Mihir shah committee on restructuring central water commission and the central water board called for a user centric approach to water management esp in agriculture. It also advocated for decentralisation of irrigation command and incentivising states through a national irrigation management fund.
Added to this,
- ground water extraction patterns need to be understood through robust data collection.
- Polluter pays principle need to be applied for Governments, industries etc.
Before the ten days that shook India
PN haksar, secretary to Prime Minister played a key role in consolidating socialistic policies during Indira Gandhi era. He proposed from land reforms to revision of waged to nationalisation of banks. These changed india’s political economy forever.
New Health scheme flawed
IMA states that New health scheme – NHPS is not creating any durable public assets like Government hospitals. Money offered to private hospitals is dismal to provide quality health care.At best, it can strengthen insurance business in the country.
Nw auto policy may be finalised in three months.
It is likely to seek emission linked tax on automobiles.
Unraveling the fine print of the new IBC
Insolvency and Bankruptcy code had few important amendments.
- Section 29A is amended.Now, as per it, if promoters and guarantors of an MSME are not wilful defaulters, they will not be disqualified from bidding.
- Limitations act 1963 will apply to the proceedings of NCLT and NCLAT.
- Section 434 of companies act is amended. It enables companies to transfer cases bending before any court to NCLT.
- Person submitting a resolution plan for a sick firm need to give an affidavit as per the provisions of section 29A.
- Home buyers are made as equivalents with financial creditors. Previously, they were under secured creditors.
Tag:Composite water management Index, current affairs for civils, current affairs for ias, current affairs for ips, current affairs for upsc, daily news analysis, Glorification of Ancient India, JawaharlalNehru's first speech, Kashmir Problem, Medieval India, Mihir shah committee, NITI Aayog, Political dialogue in Kashmir, Polluter pays principle, Shujaat Bukhari, The Hindu News Analysis