28 June 2018
No fly list has cut down unruly flyers
No fly list has controlled unruly passengers on board as per civil aviation minister – Jayant sinha.
Centre may scrap UGC, proposes new regulator
Centre proposes to replace UGC with higher education commission by repealing UGC act, 1951. Differences in their functions are as below
- UGC regulatory power included quality assessment and giving grants. New body will only assess quality and grants can be awarded only by Ministry of Human resources development.
- UGC conducted inspections to assess institutions. Higher education commission will shift to a regime of transparent disclosures.
- uGC published list of bogus institutions. Higher Education commission will be empowered to shutdown substandard institutions.
US postpones 2+2 dialogue with India
India’s concerns on Iran nuclear deal and sanctions against Iran, Russia can be the reasons for postponement.
Two years on, Britain remains as divided as it was earlier on issue of leaving the EU. Issues that are central to it are
- Hard border with Northern Ireland. Ireland that did not vote for Brexit is not interested in a hard border.
- Many of the promises like increased funding to NHS after Brexit are not met.
- Brexit – what it stands for – there is no clarity on the issue.
- There is an ongoing investigation on breaking spending rules by leave campaigners.
- Margin between pro and against campaigns is marginal. Hardly 3 percentage points.
Caution against shaming
Exposure of upper body of woman and man can be seen from caste and conservative sexist lens. As per caste norms, exposing upper chest is a matter of respect for upper castes. Similarly, exposure of bare chest by women is considered as a sexist action by conservatives. Above all, mother feeding a child need to be seen not from conservative lens but from the beauty of motherhood.
RBI stability report warns that worst on NPA’s is yet to come. These are due to
- Decrease in asset quality and there by, decrease in capital to risk weighted assets ratio of the banking system.
- Tightening of monetary policy by USA is leading to capital outflow.
- Rise in commodity prices. It can create inflationary pressures.
Added to this, report stated that Public sector banks have higher NPA;s compared to Private sector banks. It critically exposes their risk. so, it suggested for speedy governance reforms in banks.
From little to Zero tolerance
Zero tolerance towards illegal immigration is a classical example for criminalisation of poverty. Many of the immigrants are languishing in jails for the reason that they can not afford a bail.
Encouraging Mediation to settle disputes
UN commission on international trade law aims to provide a framework for enforcement or rejection of Mediation by courts. It will provide for common practises across the globe for settlement of disputes arising from contracts out of international commercial contracts.
Cylinder refilling of Ujjeala customers in on rise it is close to national average. It shows that major focus of these people is on value realised in terms of health and time saved rather than cost of cylinder refilling.
Nepal welcomes 2+1 mechanism
Nepali officials are convinced over china proposal of a two plus one mechanism. It involves china and India holding a joint dialogue with a third country in south Asia.